Social media just keeps growing and growing. And most other social networking sites and apps are at the top of their all-time high user numbers.
In, “Why You Need A Content Marketing Strategy For Your Business,” we talked about how having a content marketing strategy increases visibility and helps build trust. In “Why Your Business Needs A Blog,” we talked about how you become a source of help. And now we are going to talk about why you need a strategic social media plan for your business.
Here are some current Social Media facts for you:
1. Online adults aged 18-34 are most likely follow a brand via social networking (95%).(Source: MarketingSherpa) Think about your audience and see where they are most likely to follow your brand.
2. 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others. (Source: Ambassador) Use social media as an effective customer service tool to increase brand engagement and win new customers.
3. There are 1.65 billion active mobile social accounts globally with 1 million new active mobile social users added every day. (Source: We Are Social) Make sure to optimize your mobile social media campaigns and since mobile ads are relatively cheap and easy to produce, test multiple versions to see what works the best.
4. 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles. (Source: Brandwatch) Companies need to go beyond their own channels and monitor those unbranded conversations in order to gain valuable insights and manage brand health.
5. Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source: HubSpot) Flying Point Digital has a great post on how to create an innovative content strategy on social media.
I wanted to share with you five ways social media has helped grow my clients’ businesses.
Catherine of Sensibly Organized Spaces- Professional Organizer
Catherine was my very FIRST client in 2015. When we first started, she was SO nervous about doing video or even using Instagram! Flash forward to 2017, Catherine not only conducts Facebook Live workshops on how to get organized on a daily basis, but she also has a Facebook group called SOS Home Organizing Community filled with 70+ members!
Suck It: The Restaurant
Yen, one of the owners, found me on Instagram back in September of 2016. She and her husband were opening up a second location for their restaurant named Suck It. They hired me to help them organize a private SA Foodie Influencer event before opening to the public. Over 32 influencers were in attendance and the hashtag for the night reached a total of 69.K followers on Instagram + Twitter. This event helped them land a partnership with Yelp San Antonio. Six months later, they were featured on SA LIVE and tripled their sales!
Cafe Con Ellas
Rose started to work with me December of 2016. She was in the process of creating a bilingual website/YouTube channel to showcase San Antonio. We worked on an Instagram strategy to build partnerships with key influencers and business owners. Through showcasing their video content via social media, her and her team had video views in the 15K and now have hosted three events with fashion influencers.
Surprise Gift Co
When we started putting together a Facebook Live strategy in April, they had only 414 views for their Live at 8:45 Giveaway. After two months of strategic planning, we were able to get their latest Facebook Live to 1.8K views
If you’re in need of a solid social media strategy, or just want to learn more about my services, click the button below!
About The Social Butterfly Gal: I’m Christina, an event + social media strategist helping creatives get visible and create a buzz with powerful digital strategies. I’m also creator of The Swarm Society! In between the sips of coffee, social media notifications and writing, you will find me living up to my brand name-being a social butterfly; attending various networking and local events around San Antonio, TX. You can follow my adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram